Liebster Award

Friday 29 August 2014


I'm a bit late in doing this, seeing as YA Bookaholic tagged me ages ago and Victorian Soul Book Critiques tagged me again. So thank you both, I'm finally getting round to doing this!

Rules

  1. List 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
  3. Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.
  4. Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
  5. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you

Facts 
  1. I am an only child. I have never wanted siblings and I'm really glad I don't have any because I enjoy my own company (and would no doubt be a terrible sister).
  2. The Walking Dead has shown me that in a zombie apocalypse I'd be one of the first to die. 
  3. I have four cats: Luna, Draco, Mysha, and Cobwebs (although Luna has decided to move in with my grandparents and Cobwebs has decided he loves the garden too much to ever come back inside)
  4. I don't really want to go to university when I'm old enough, but if I did, I think I'd like to study psychology. I kind of have my eye on mental health nursing, clinical or counselling psychology, and educational psychology.
  5. I come from a family of avid readers. I don't even want to try and count how many books we own as a whole.
  6. I really like superheroes and fantastical creatures. 
  7. I'm very lazy when it comes to my blog. I have at least five posts in my drafts at any one time so that I can just post something every week and rarely have to worry about writing posts at the last minute.
  8. My favourite shoes are boots and I do not own enough pairs, regardless of what my mum might say.
  9. I want to try and read all of Stephen King's books and stories.
  10. I really like the Funko Pop! figures and I'd like to own a lot more than I currently do.
  11. I own nearly 40 bookmarks, so I guess I named my blog correctly.

Questions from YA Bookaholic

If you could choose one book world to live in, which one would it be?
Westeros, because even though it'd be really gross and I'd probably die, I'd like to experience it. And I'd like to meet the Starks.

What's next on your to read list?
I'm currently doing a TBR jar so I don't know until I pick one from it.

If you were stranded on a desert island and you could wish for one character to appear to give you company, who would it be?
Annabeth Chase. She's smart so she'd probably figure out how to get off the island.

What is your favourite supernatural/fantasy creature, vampire, werewolf, dragons etc?
Dragons.

What is your most favourite item that you have?
That's tough. Probably either my first ever teddy because of sentimental reasons, or my Cambridge satchel because it's so practical and I can carry a bunch of my favourite things in it.

What is the last book to movie you have watched? Was it good?
If I remember correctly, it was The Book Thief. It was a lot better than the book (which I read after seeing it) because I found the book to be about a whole lot of nothing. 

Have you ever met any authors?
Yes! I met Rainbow Rowell at YALC in June and she signed my copies of Fangirl.

Best book you've read so far in 2014?
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas.

What is the book you can't wait to read the most?
House of Hades by Rick Riordan.

What is your favourite quote?
Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

What is the first book that comes to your mind?
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Questions from Victorian Soul Book Critiques

What is your favorite time of day to read?
In the afternoon/evening. Anywhere from about twelve until six.

What makes your favorite book your favorite: the characters, the plot, or something else?
Definitely the characters being unique and well developed, as well as a fast moving plot that doesn't have any holes and can keep me guessing on the edge of my seat. Good writing that isn't too forced or overly complicated and descriptive always helps, too.

What is your favorite dessert?
Vanilla cheesecake. 

Do you have a favorite villain? (Literary or otherwise)
Some of my favourite villains include The Governor from The Walking Dead, Loki, Viserys Targaryen (although if you ask me, he is not the bad guy), Annie Wilkes, and President Snow. I generally tend to prefer the villain/anti-hero/antagonist, though.

What three books would you bring to a deserted island with you, if you had everything you needed (food, water, shelter, bookshelves, etc.)?
Harry Potter by JK Rowling, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.

Which book do you consider underrated and under-read (people don't read it as much)?
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper. This was the book that really made me fall in love with historical fiction. The whole idea and concept of it is fantastic.

If you could travel to another universe (bookish or otherwise), would you stay here or go?
If I could come back here, then sure, I'd totally go.

If you could travel back in time once, where would you go, and what would you do?
I'd go back to Ancient Greece and do something to do with the gods. Like, try and find Olympus or something.

Is there a book you think is over-hyped (a lot of people like it, but you don't)?
Oh god yes. All of John Green's books (especially TFiOS), and The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would you meet, and why?
Stephen King because I want to know where he gets all of his horrible ideas for plots from.

Do you judge a book by its cover?
Yes. All the time.

Nominees


My questions
  1. If you could rewrite any book which would you pick? Why?
  2. Do you have more read or unread books on your shelves?
  3. What's the most unusual book you've read?
  4. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
  5. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
  6. Do you prefer e-books or physical books? Why?
  7. Which of your books has the most beautiful cover?
  8. If you were a superhero what would your power be? What would you do with it?
  9. What is your favourite genre? Why?
  10. If you had to pick one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
  11. Which book by your favourite author is your favourite?

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me ! (:
    I'll do it this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I look forwarding to seeing your post. :D

      Delete
    2. Here are my answers (:

      http://anne-books.blogspot.de/2014/08/liebster-award.html

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh thank you for nominating me!! :D I'll try and make time this weekend to make my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I look forward to seeing your answers!

      Delete
    2. Here are my answers!

      http://readitwritenow.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating me! Here are my answers:

    http://www.paperbackprincess2014.blogspot.ca/2014/09/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez