Ten Book Challenge

Friday 24 October 2014


Rules
List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes, and do not think about it too hard. They do not have to be the "right books", or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list!

Harry Potter by JK Rowling
Not much of a surprise that this is first in my list. This book has been a constant throughout basically all of my life and I'm sure it will continue to be.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Again, not much of a surprise, given how much I talk about this series. The story has just completely stuck with me and I am eagerly awaiting the next book and TV series. Plus, it's the first adult high fantasy series I've read, and that has to count for something.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I don't think I could ever forget this trilogy and the effect it's had on my reading ever since. It was the very first dystopian I read, and while I don't totally love the genre, this book is a real gem.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
I've had an interest in mythology for a while now, but it was this series that really got me interested in it and I just love how fast paced the story is.

Shift by Em Bailey
One of my absolute favourite books. I can't quite pin-point what it is about it that makes it so special to me, but it seemed to just tick all the boxes, and I can still remember the story now. So it definitely stuck with me.

Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
I first read this a good few years ago and adored it, only I lost my copy as I changed bedrooms and my nan decided to have a tidy up. I never forget about it, though, and got my hands on a new copy last year and re-read it. And I still love it just as much.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
This has hands down got to be the best vampire book I've ever read, as well as just being one of the best books I've ever read. I devoured this and I am still not over it.

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
It's probably not very good that this has stayed with me, because it did cause me a bit of distress when I was reading it. But the stories were so powerful that I don't think I'll ever truly forget it.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Again, this book made me uncomfortable as I read it, but I didn't expect anything less from it. The message and power behind it really hit me because I'd never really read about more taboo subjects before.

The Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath
Not only did this peak my interest in books relating to psychology and mental illness (and help me understand things a little better), it has also made me realise that adult books can be okay, and that I should probably start reading some more of them.

I have no idea who has or hasn't done this tag, so I tag anyone who wants to do it! Thank you to Paperback Princess for tagging me to do this.

4 comments:

  1. Great List! Harry Potter will always be one of my favourite books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, nothing can ever really beat it. I'm really looking forward to the new Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Harry Potter. *sigh* Just, amazing! I haven't read Game of Thrones yet... oops. ;)

    I CAN'T WAIT TO READ BLOOD OF OLYMPUS (though some people are saying it's kinda disappointing. D: WHY?! )

    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is the actual best though, am I right?! Ahh, take your time with Game of Thrones; it's best not to rush it. :)

      I've heard that it doesn't have much Percy in. But I still need to read House of Hades first!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez