The Magic of Makeup

Friday 7 August 2015


A bit of an odd post coming from a book blogger but I felt like sharing it regardless.


My cousin has been dying to do my makeup for a good while now, and the other day I finally gave her the chance. It's no secret that I'm not a massive fan of makeup. I don't wear much on a daily basis and I don't get inspired when I see other people's looks. A large part of it is due to the fact that I lack artistic skill and the things I envision in my head never look right when I do them. I get lost in all the different products and brushes that all look the same to me.



Speaking to her, though, I've come to realise that she's just as passionate about makeup as I am about books. She has her things and I have mine. It truly is an art. How a bunch of products can be turned into something so subtle and natural looking, changing the entire look of your face. 

I've a new appreciation for the talent of makeup artists, as they are artists in the same way a painter or an author is.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I really like it! Suits you and you look fantastic! Your cousin did great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's very talented with makeup and wants to be a makeup artist. :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez