TBR Feature #4

Friday 11 March 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every now and then, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare


I picked this up after Christmas in 2014, before I'd finished reading The Mortal Instruments and when I still kind of called Magnus Bane my favourite character from the series. Since buying this, though, things have changed.

For one, I've read all six books in The Mortal Instruments, as well as all of The Infernal Devices, and do not want to revisit the Shadowhunter world. I've had my fill of angsty, melodramtic teenagers, thank you very much.

However, I am still curious about The Bane Chronicles. While my tastes have definitely changed and chances are I will not enjoy Clare's writing any more than I did in the last nine books, I do want to know what happens. When I'll actually get to it, however, is another matter entirely.

The fact that this is a collection of short stories (although this is Clare we're talking about so I don't know how short these stories will actually be) rather than a novel has got me still holding on to this. That and I paid hardback prices so am loathe to get rid of it.


Have you read The Bane Chronicles?

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I loved The Bane Chronicles and what I like about it is the fact that you can read a short story everyday. I also really liked The Tales of Shadowhunter Academy because like this one it consists of short stories about Simon and I actually enjoy it more than The Bane Chronicles!
    Alicia http://hashtaglovebooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of reading the first story in this and then seeing how I go. Don't think I'll pick up the Tales of Shadowhunter Academy, even though Simon was probably my second favourite character from the series, because I've had enough of Clare.

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez