TBR Feature #31

Wednesday 7 December 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory

I read The Boleyn Inheritance last June and, I have to say, I didn't enjoy it as much as The Constant Princess and The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm hoping this installment will be more my cup of tea as it doesn't seem to follow the royalty as intensely. Yes, it's still all part of the Tudor court, but Hannah Green sounds like a breath of fresh air from the Boleyn family.

I must admit that I don't remember all that much from the last book, but there are some snippets and generalisations regarding the series as a whole that I can recall. Luckily, my nan is somewhat of an expert when it comes to Philippa Gregory (and is lending me the books one by one - sorry for hanging onto this one for so long!) and will no doubt be able to bring me back up to speed.

Overall, I do enjoy Gregory's works - I feel that they do well to capture the essence of Tudor life and transport be back, even if they may be a bit more dramatic and fantastical than real history. I'm just not overly fond of her formatting, as her books are long with few chapter breaks. I just need to get my head in the right place in order to tackle this.

Have you read The Queen's Fool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez