TBR Feature #46

Wednesday 22 March 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh

I put this on my Christmas list in 2016 after seeing the stunning cover and hearing such high praise for it. Clearly I received it (thanks, mum) but still haven't read it yet. I'm excited to get to it soon as I keep seeing positive reviews for it.

I've heard some people call this a re-telling of One Thousand and One Nights, but I'm unfamiliar with that story won't be able to compare the two when I do pick this up. However, I've also heard people call this action-packed so I'm sure I'll like it. And apparently the main character is a strong female lead, which is always good.

This was also one of the books I featured in the Diverse Books Tag, which I treated as a kind of diverse book TBR, so it'll be great to be able to cross something off that, too. It looks as if it'll be a quick read, so hopefully I'll whizz through it and enjoy it enough to pick up the sequel a some point. And if not, it's another pretty book in my collection.
Have you read The Wrath and the Dawn?

2 comments:

  1. I just loveddd this book! It was so magical and descriptive but in a really beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good to hear! Hopefully I'll love it too :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez