TBR Feature #49

Wednesday 12 April 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

And I Darken by Kiersten White

And I Darken is one of those weird books where I don't really know what it's about. I know that it's a young adult fantasy and the first in a new series. I also know that it has mixed reviews, with some people saying it's a fantastic story and other that it's rather boring.

I'm willing to give it a chance as I am intrigued by it - I think the main character is an assassin? She sounds quite cut-throat and dangerous from what I remember from reviews, at least. It sounds like it'll end up being a darker fantasy, more in the realm of A Song of Ice and Fire than the fantasy I've read recently. Which, in all honesty, hasn't been a lot. I really need to up my fantasy game, and hopefully this will help with that.

This was also on my list of diverse books for the Diverse Books Tag under 'book with a Muslim protagonist'. I don't think I've read anything with Muslim characters so it will be a good place for me to start, and it'll help me get through the books I listed for that tag.

Have you read And I Darken?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez