TBR Feature #74

Wednesday 15 November 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

This book has been on my radar for a few years now, thanks to my interest in darker and more taboo books, as well as the stunning simplistic design of the Picador classic edition. I found this for about £3 in a National Trust gift shop a while back and so had to get it, despite it not having the cover I wanted.

And I haven't read it yet. In my defence, I tried. Last Halloween, I think, but my memory is hazy as I only made it about two pages in. Why, you ask, if I've been dying to read it? Because it was so bloody boring. Going in, I knew it wasn't going to be a particularly easy read but I was at least expecting to be gripped and compelled to keep reading. Not the case.

I think, perhaps, in order to get through this I'm going to have to watch the film so that I know whereabouts the good bits are and therefore have some motivation to actually read the book. Maybe. We'll see if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime. For now, though, this isn't a priority for me.

Have you read American Psycho?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez