Book Haul: London Edition

Friday 18 July 2014

Last weekend, I hopped on a train down to London to visit the Young Adult Literature Convention (YALC) at London Film and Comic Con - and to also meet my best friend there as well, but that's a whole other story. Obviously, while I was there, I bought some books. And then I bought some more books when we were at the train station waiting to come home. And now here I am, sharing them with you.



Overall, it was a good weekend for books - I even got Rock War: The Audition and The Young World for free. I got this copy of Fangirl, as well as my original copy, signed by Rainbow Rowell (she's really nice, too!) and they gave out free tote bags with Cath on them, which I thought was a really nice thing to do, seeing as we'd been queueing for about two hours. At the Foyles shop in St Pancras I found Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight and I just had to snatch them up because I adored them when I borrowed them from the library. I've also read Rock War: The Audition, We Were Liars - which didn't really live up too all the hype surrounding it. It was good, don't get me wrong, but not great - and Lyra's Oxford and I can't wait to work my way through the rest of these. 

Let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought about them, or if you plan on reading them soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! There are a few books here like Hollow City and DUFF that I've been meaning to read so I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Also hope you enjoy Throne of Glass and MPHF Peculiar Children -- too books I enjoyed very much. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have reviews coming (eventually) for DUFF and Miss Peregrine, I liked both of them. I loved Throne of Glass! I read it a few months ago. :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez