TBR Feature #6

Wednesday 1 June 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

The Host is one of the books that I've had for years. In fact, I can't actually remember when exactly I got it. Definitely around the time that the film came out because I got the movie cover. (A quick Google has informed me that the film came out in 2013. So I've had this three years and still haven't read it. Oops.) 

Now I know Stephanie Meyer catches a lot of flack for Twilight - which, I'll be honest, I enjoyed way back in the day - but I've heard a lot more good things for The Host. In my opinion, she isn't a bad writer, she just made a lot of poor choices in how she portrayed Bella and Edward as characters and then as a couple. Hopefully, this isn't the case with The Host.

My main concerns with picking this up is that it's supposedly the first in a trilogy. Only, the next two books are nowhere in sight. If things aren't wrapped up nicely at the end of this I know I'll be left frustrated and feeling like I wasted my time. Why call it the first book in a series and then abandon the world?


Have you read The Host?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you like this! I enjoyed it so much more than Twilight, as it was a lot more developed and the characters were much more enjoyable. I didn't even know it was supposed to be a trilogy! To me, the ending was satisfying and had good closure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do too! I'm not a massive sci-fi fan but if the ending wraps up nicely and it's better than Twilight I should be able to get through it without too many complaints haha

      Delete
  2. I really have never had an interest in reading anything else by Stephanie Meyer. I actually owned this book for a while but got rid of it. I hope you get to it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been thinking of getting rid of it, too, but I'd like to read it to see if I like it before I make a final decision.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Twilight (shocker, I know) because of all the hype around it, but I've heard it's worlds better than Twilight, so maybe I might end up giving it a try someday too. Let me know if you end up reading it and what you think of it, okay?

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might review it when I do eventually get round to it, and obviously that'll be posted here. I really hope it's better than Twilight though because I cannot deal with another Bella Swan.

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez