TBR Feature #18

Wednesday 7 September 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach

My interest in thrillers has been growing ever since I read Joyland by Stephen King a few years ago. Despite this, I still haven't actually read that many, but I have been picking up ones that sound interesting.

I do feel a little out of my depth as I wander into the crime and general fiction sections of bookshops, as I'm so used to staying within the young adult and fantasy/sci-fi/horror areas I never quite know where to start. Add to this the fact that thrillers have deliberately vague synopses and you have yourself one very confused bookworm. Kiss Me First, however, jumped out at me as soon as I saw the title and read the blurb.

I want to know more about Leila and who Tess is, and why Leila is taking over her personality. I want to know what the mystery surrounding the two girls is, what kind of trouble it will lead to, and if they'll make it out okay. So why haven't I read it? I hear you ask.

The answer is, simply, that I haven't been in the mood for it. Yes, it sounds like a wild ride, but the chapters are long and I am impatient. I'd much rather pick something quick and easy right now than have to commit my brain to something more complex. But never fear, I will definitely get to this.

Have you read Kiss Me First?

1 comment:

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez