TBR Feature #44

Wednesday 8 March 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier

It's not a secret that I'm not a massive fan of classics, so you may be wondering why Rebecca is on my TBR at all. I wonder that myself, in all honesty, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw this edition in a local bookshop.

I really don't know much about this one other than I'm sure it's one of my friend's favourite books - or, she likes it, at least. What I do know is that it follows a girl called Rebecca, but I can't remember if she's the current wife of the man involved, or if she's the other woman. I think there's something about an affair in this anyway. Or maybe I'm just getting the story of Jane Eyre confused with this, as for some reason I always think of that when I look at this.

Despite not being a lover of classic literature, I have seen that some people class this as more YA, which bodes well. Hopefully it's more of a modern classic and not on the same level as Frankenstein or Jekyll and Hyde, as while I did get through both fairly quickly, I didn't completely understand all of the language used. But I guess I won't find out until I pick this up.

Have you read Rebecca?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez