TBR Feature #73

Wednesday 27 September 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

A week or so ago I had the urge to finally finish this trilogy. I re-read the first book, raced through book two, and then... Didn't read book three. Oops?

And it wasn't even because I disliked the first two books or even needed a break from the series or fantasy as a whole. I just... Didn't pick this up when I said I was going to. Mostly because this book is nearly seven hundred pages long, I own it in hardback, and I had a lot of train commutes coming up where I really did not want to be lugging a brick around. A small part of my brain said that I could start it before that and whizz through it in a weekend, or just read it in the evenings once I was home. Did that happen? Did it heck.

I think once I'm settled with university and have a rough idea of how much free time I have I'll get to this. I really want to know what happened to Lia after the end of the second book, and just how this series is going to wrap up!

Have you read The Beauty of Darkness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez